Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Miss Jackson Has Not Arrived Yet, But Her Friend Has

Yes, I am still pregnant, but... Nora's not!  Sweet little Powe was born yesterday afternoon.  I visited them today and he is perfect.  We are hoping that Miss Jackson will soon want to follow him into the real world. 

I kind of freaked out last night, because I had felt sick all day yesterday and secretly thought that maybe that meant that something was about to happen.  Alas, no.  I was disappointed.  I also started to worry that maybe I should postpone my induction from 41 weeks until 42 weeks just to give her more time to come on her own, while simultaneously feeling like if I had to wait for ten more days I might totally lose it.  Thankfully, I talked to my doctor about it at my appointment today and he feels strongly that inducing on Sunday is the safest and best thing for MJ.  In fact, he said that we could "negotiate" on waiting until I was, say, 41 weeks and 3 days, but that was as late as he would let me go.  When I asked if those extra days were worth waiting on -- i.e., if there was a real benefit to doing it on Wednesday as opposed to Sunday -- he said no.  I feel much better knowing that we'll get this show on the road starting Sunday evening and that I don't need to feel guilty about rushing Miss Jackson out of there.  I love and trust my doctor so I don't have any doubts that this is the way to go.  

And who knows?  Maybe she will surprise us and decide to pop out this weekend after all.

1 comment:

Megger said...

Sounds like a good doctor you have there. Good luck Sunday (or sooner)!