Monday, August 11, 2008

Miss Jackson Is Late!

No baby!  

Nora is still waiting, too.  I can't complain too much because she is a week late and I am only a day late.  

I really believed for several weeks that she would be early, so I was sort of stunned yesterday when I realized that it really wasn't going to happen this weekend.  I was grouchy and cranky, which made me sad because it's such an exciting time and I should be full of happy anticipation and not foul impatience.  I woke up this morning in a much better mood and I'm currently feeling very relaxed.  This will probably change tomorrow, though. 

This morning I had a non-stress test and amniotic fluid check (routine when you go past your due date).  I didn't know I was supposed to eat breakfast beforehand, so I didn't, and I was a little worried when the nurse acted like that might make it more difficult for them to get a good read on how the baby is doing.  Oh, no -- despite my lack of food this morning, MJ was moving all around.  The nurses said she did perfectly and it was the quickest non-stress test they had done all morning.  This is great news, of course, because it means that she's doing well, but... that also means there is no hurry to get her out of there.  My fluid was a little bit low, but not a problem, especially when combined with the really good NST results.  So, for now, she is healthy and thriving and I guess I should let her come in her own good time.  Easier said than done -- I have been pinching her foot when she kicks me because I am ready to see that little foot (and the rest of her!) in the flesh, up close.  I want to hold her and not just pat her through my (ridiculous) belly.

After my appointment, Nora and I went to see American Teen.  This is our fourth movie since last Saturday, and after tomorrow (when we will probably see Wall-E), the babies better get here because we will have run out of movies.  

1 comment:

Megger said...

I was induced at 2 weeks late, so I feel your pain. However, this is the last time in a LONG time where you can do whatever you want, whenever you want (although with some mobility constraints), without this other person to take care of (and bog you down). Take advantage - go out to eat whenever you feel like it, hang out with your friends, SLEEP, whatever you want. Try to enjoy it. Your baby will be here soon enough, and your life will never be the same.